Hey guys - today I have a great post workout meal for you.
As you know, eating carbs and protein together after a workout (ideally in a 2:1 ration) has proven to be more effective for muscle repair and recovery than protein alone, so this combination of chicken and rice is perfect. To make totally balanced you’ll also need some fats (and flavour) - which which is where the feta cheese comes in.
Prepared it before your next workout so it’s ready for when you are finished and your body is desperate to be refuelled. Try it out & let us know what you think.
Stuffed Chicken Breast with Brown Rice
*Image is just for illustration purposes only
Nutritional Info (per serving): Carbs 29g, Fat: 12g, Protein: 62g, Calories: 472kcal
Here's what you'll need...
Ingredients (makes 2 portions):
- 2 x 100g chicken breast
- 75g spinach
- 1 tomato, diced
- 50g feta cheese
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 100g long-grain brown rice
- 1 garlic clove
...and here's how to make it!
- Add the spinach to a bowl with 1 tbsp water and microwave for 30 seconds to wilt.
- Add the tomato and feta to the bowl and mix well.
- Next butterfly your chicken breast and stuff each of them with the mixture.
- Cook in a medium oven for around 25 mins, until cooked all the way through.
- While the chicken is cooking add the rice to boiling water and boil until soft.
- Drain the rice, and melt the coconut oil in a wok.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and stir fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add the rice to the wok and stir fry for a further 3-4 mins.
- Serve with the chicken.
I really hope you enjoy it - please share any pictures you have once you give it a try.
The Food Ninja