Product Spotlight: Super Magnesium
We hope you’ve had a chance to take a look at our new look branding and love it as much as we do! Our slicker modern look has been developed in-parallel with our new improved formulas. At Natural Nutrients we strive to produce the best quality supplements in the most effective doses. We’re continuously working on product development and our Super Magnesium is something we have perfected recently. Read on to find out what magnesium is, what it does and why YOU should be supplementing your diet with this great product!
What does Magnesium do?
Magnesium is an essential mineral historically known for its role in bone and cell formation, as well as its function in improving sleep quality. More recently, research has shown it also contributes to energy production, blood sugar regulation and even cognitive performance. This spectrum of benefits is unsurprising given the fact that magnesium activates over 300 enzyme reactions in the human body every second. These are just some of the reasons we LOVE magnesium!
Magnesium Deficiency: Why you may need to Supplement your Diet
Magnesium is found abundantly in many foods, and in the past a varied diet would be enough to achieve recommended daily intakes. Foods rich in Magnesium include beans, nuts, wholegrain foods and green, leafy vegetables. So, increasing your intake of these is one way to boost your intake of the mineral. BUT modern lifestyle factors including certain health conditions, using medications and increased alcohol intake can all affect how magnesium is absorbed and processed, leading to deficiency over time. The most recent National Diet and Nutrition Survey (NDNS) conducted by the government found that magnesium levels across the population were lower now than they were 10 years ago, likely attributable to the factors above.
Given its importance, low Magnesium levels can have devastating effects on the body. Symptoms of deficiency include nausea, fatigue, muscle spasms and even cardiac arrhythmia – an irregular heartbeat. The NDNS research also revealed that a significant amount of adults had serum levels lower than the LRNI – Lower Reference Nutrient Intake – the amount of a nutrient that is enough for only the small number of people who have low requirements (2.5%). In other words, most of the population will have higher requirements which are also not being met. Therefore, Magnesium supplements are a useful and necessary addition to the diet and can be used to optimize intake and achieve recommended requirements.
Fighting Fatigue: The Magic of Magnesium
Fatigue is a national health problem defined by extreme tiredness and exhaustion. One of the best cures for fatigue is rest, but hectic lifestyles, busy social lives and demanding work commitments can make it impossible to achieve enough. Chronic fatigue can have both physical and mental causes and is extremely debilitating. Not only does fatigue cause unpleasant symptoms, but it is also bad for your overall health.
There is extensive evidence to support the use of Magnesium to banish fatigue. It has been shown to play a crucial role in the production and utilization of ATP – Adenosine Triphosphate – otherwise known as the energy currency of the cell. Having adequate levels of Magnesium supports how well your body produces and uses energy, boosting energy levels and warding off some of the symptoms of fatigue. Magnesium also functions to settle nerve impulses and encourage your muscles to relax. This helps your body to rest and recover, achieving a deeper sleep and leaving you feeling well-rested upon waking.
Natural Nutrients Super Magnesium
Our Super Magnesium has been developed to provide the most effective dose to supplement your diet. Our enhanced formula has been perfected and we couldn’t be happier with the finished product! Here’s why…
- The Best Quality Active Ingredients – a synergistic blend of Magnesium Citrate and Magnesium Bisglycinate which is proven to have increased bioavailability and solubility compared with other forms of Magnesium. This makes our Super Magnesium easier to absorb and utilise in the body.
- Optimal Dosage for Maximum Effect – Our Super Magnesium contains 375mg Magnesium (as Citarte and Bisglycinate). Taken as 3 capsules per day with food, this provides 100% of your daily Nutrient Reference Value (NRV). This recommended intake is based on all currently available scientific knowledge and so is a reliable dose to aim for.
- Our New Vegetarian Caps – We now use 100% vegetarian friendly capsules of all our products, making our Super Magnesium suitable for veggies, vegans and meat-eaters alike.
- All Natural Ingredients – Our products are developed to contain as much of the active nutrient as possible and little else. We do not add any bulking agents or additives, but have to use excipients which stabilize the active Magnesium. We are proud to say that our new formulations use 100% natural excipients, and so all you will find in our Super Magnesium is the mineral itself and a small amount of Rice Concentrate.
Supplementing your diet with our Super Magnesium will help to fight fatigue, boost energy, improve concentration and improve your immune system. What’s more, ensuring you’re getting enough Magnesium will help ward off unpleasant and dangerous side effects of deficiency. Visit our website to check out our new branding and improved formulas. We believe our Super Magnesium is the best on the market, follow the link to find out more!
- Marriott, H. and Buttriss, J. (2003). Key points from the National Diet and Nutrition Survey of adults aged 19-64 years. Nutrition Bulletin, 28(4), pp.355-363.
- Clinical Signs of Magnesium Deficiency (2009). Nutrition Reviews, 37(1), pp.6-8.
- National Diet and Nutrition Survey Years 2012-2014, Report 2016 – available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/551352/NDNS_Y5_6_UK_Main_Text.pdf
- Bohn, T. (2008). Dietary Factors Influencing Magnesium Absorption in Humans. Current Nutrition & Food Science, 4(1), pp.53-72.