Micronutrients, Maximum Effect: Organic Wholefood Multi-Vitamin
It is hard to ensure that we are getting all of the nutrients we need through diet alone. In the modern world there’s barely enough time in the day to fit our meals in, let alone ensure they’re nutritionally complete. Throw in the temptation of convenience food, a diet that varies from day-to-day and individual taste preferences – and you’ve got a challenge on your hands to meet your requirements!
The good news is that supplements are there to do just as they suggest, supplement the diet and provide a convenient safety net for a whole spectrum of nutrients. Taking a daily multivitamin and mineral supplement supports overall health and wellbeing, by providing the micronutrients your body needs to function and thrive.
Read on to find out how taking a daily multivitamin can improve energy levels, protect against disease and provide a wide range of health benefits.
What are Vitamins and Minerals?
Vitamins and minerals are naturally occurring substances found in food which are essential for our bodies to function. They are micronutrients (needed in small amounts), rather than macronutrients (fat, carbs, protein) which are needed in large amounts.
Vitamins are needed for growth, development, repairing damage and for processing the macronutrients from the food we eat – there are 13 essential vitamins (A, C, E, D, K and 8 B vitamins).
Minerals are needed in tiny quantities and are responsible for hundreds of chemical reactions occurring constantly in the body. They play a huge role in metabolism and also in the making and breaking down of body tissue. The minerals we need most of are calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur and sodium.
Do I need a Supplement?
In an ideal world we’d get all of the nutrients and micronutrients we need from a normal diet. In reality, this is simply not possible for most of us. Because of our busy lifestyles, our diet varies daily and it is hard to consistently meet nutritional requirements.
There are numerous factors which affect our intake of micronutrients. For example, vitamins are damaged by heat and light – which means that the cooking process can deplete fresh foods of their vitamin content. Processing foods also removes mineral content – refining grains strips them of their potassium, iron and chromium, and processing rock salt into table salt removes every mineral but sodium. The irony is that minerals are often separated from foods to be sold on to the supplement industry!
In short, whilst you will survive without them, taking a multivitamin and mineral supplement will help to optimise your nutritional status and support overall health. Vitamin and mineral deficiency is rare these days, thanks to availability and fortification of foods. But optimising nutritional status is about preventing disease, promoting health and slowing down the ageing process.
Natural Nutrients Organic Wholefood Multi
We’re thrilled to introduce a new and improved addition to the Natural Nutrients range – Our Organic Wholefood Multi. We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to create a multivitamin and mineral supplement that is rivalled by no other – and we think we’ve nailed it!
Natural Nutrients Wholefood Multi is certified organic and made from 100% natural ingredients, helping you to meet your daily requirements in the best way possible. Because these ingredients are plant-based, they’re full of antioxidants and phytochemicals that protect against disease.
Let’s take a closer look at our wholefood organic ingredients…
- Amla Fruit – also known as the Indian Goosberry, amla fruit is extremely high in vitamin C and is known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It also contains potassium, phosphorus, iron, sodium and beta-carotene. Studies have linked alma fruit consumption to reducing blood sugar levels and improving heart health.
- Guava – rich in vitamins, carotenoids, polyphenols and antioxidant pigments. This subtropical fruit is a source of vitamins A, C and many B vitamins, as well as phosphorus, magnesium, iron, potassium, sodium and calcium. Guava has been shown to help lower and blood pressure, as well as neutralise free radicals which can protect against cancer.
- Holy Basil Leaves – this is a sacred plant for Hindus and is often planted around shrines – which is where the ‘Holy’ name comes in. The nutrients in holy basil have been shown to alleviate inflammation and joint pain, as well as help to reduce stress and anxiety symptoms. It is a rich source of Vitamins A and C, as well as the minerals calcium, zinc and iron.
- Curry Leaves – contain Vitamins A, B, C and E as well as masses of minerals. We’ve extracted organic iron from curry leaves to enrich our Organic Multivitamin for Women, providing an extra dose of iron to support menstrual cycle losses and prevent deficiency. Iron helps us to absorb energy from food and so is important for preventing tiredness.
- Lemon Extract – rich in vitamins including folic acid, vitamins A and C. Lemon peel is rich in phytonutrients – chemical compounds found in plants that protect them from cellular damage. As with all citrus fruits, lemons are extremely high in Vitamin C – which boosts the immune system and helps fight infection.
We’ve extracted all of our vitamins and minerals from fruits, vegetables and botanicals – using only water to do so. This means that they’re free from the additives, solvents and excipients frequently found in synthetic multivitamin products.
Our new multi capsules have been polished and perfected to provide optimum doses of nutrients for him and for her. Whilst we all have near enough the same macronutrient requirements, it has been shown that micronutrient needs vary between men and women. So we’ve scientifically formulated two different blends to better meet these needs.
The health-conscious of us will always endeavour to eat a diet that is varied and rich in nutrients. But in reality our daily intake of micronutrients fluctuates greatly, so we can never guarantee that a whole spectrum of requirements is being met. As with all of our products, we’ve utilised what nature has given us and extracted this in the best possible way, to give you a convenient and reliable source of nutrients.
Our vegan capsules contain the organic co-factors and co-nutrients of their plant source, which helps to stabilise the vitamins. This helps them to be absorbed into the bloodstream with minimal to no stomach irritation.
Take 2 Organic Wholefood Multi capsules with food to support overall health and wellbeing each day.
- Wholefood Source
Find out more about each multi-vitamin using the links below:
Thanks for reading,
Natural Nutrients Nutritionist