4 Ingredient Protein Pancakes
There’s no secret – we LOVE protein pancakes at Natural Nutrients (especially Liam our founder), but if you go old-school on the recipe – it can take a bit of work, a bit of time to prepare and not always end up the way you want it to. So…if you want a non-chef friendly recipe that literally takes no time at all but still tastes amazing – then check out our 4-ingredient chocolate protein pancake recipe.
The ingredients and method is below, but for all you macro trackers – here’s a breakdown of the nutritional analysis for the full recipe and for each individual pancake. As you’ll see each pancake is low calorie, low carb and high in protein – making them the perfect snack or perfect high protein breakfast choice when you’re in a hurry.
Nutritional Info (per pancake): Calories: 51kcal, Protein: 9g, Fat: 1.3g, Carbs: 0.5g
Nutritional Analysis (per recipe): Calories: 306kcal, Protein: 54g, Fat: 7.8g, Carbs: 3.0g
The macros don’t include the coconut oil for the pan, or any toppings you choose so make sure you add them in to your calculations. Don’t forget to tag us in your attempts at making this recipe on our social media channels and we’ll give you a shout out.
4-Ingredient Chocolate Protein Pancakes
Ingredients (makes 6 pancakes):
- 200ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1.5 scoops Natural Whey Protein Isolate (Chocolate)
- 1 teaspoon of gluten free baking powder
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- Coconut oil for the pan
- Put all the ingredients except the coconut oil into a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth (for extra smoothness you can use a blender)
- Heat the coconut oil in a heavy bottomed frying pan until its hot
- Pour enough batter into the pan to make a medium sized pancake, and cook for around 2 minutes before flipping over and cooking the other side
- Repeat the process above until all the mixture has been used
- Pile the pancakes into a stack and add any topping of your choosing.